• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parole violation ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rodnee

I have been on paper for 10 and have 8 years left on a defered sentence in Texas. Recently I was giving a friend a ride down the street with some of his firearms to drop off. We got stoped and they found the guns, violating my parole. My friend who owned the guns claimed they were his and wrote a notarized letter to my attorney swearing ownership of the weapons. The D.A. was presented this piece of paper and laughed said "this is worthless!"
What I need to know is how should I go about getting the weapons charged dropped, what my friend needs to do to reclaim the guns, and show the court that he was the soul owner and proprietre.
Help me !!!!!!!!!!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Rodnee said:
I have been on paper for 10 and have 8 years left on a defered sentence in Texas. Recently I was giving a friend a ride down the street with some of his firearms to drop off. We got stoped and they found the guns, violating my parole. My friend who owned the guns claimed they were his and wrote a notarized letter to my attorney swearing ownership of the weapons. The D.A. was presented this piece of paper and laughed said "this is worthless!"
What I need to know is how should I go about getting the weapons charged dropped, what my friend needs to do to reclaim the guns, and show the court that he was the soul owner and proprietre.
Help me !!!!!!!!!!!

=========================================

My response:

Like the D.A., I was laughing too!

Where the hell did you get your attorney - - out of a Cheerios box?

What does "ownership" of the guns have to do with anything?

One of the terms of your parole agreement specifically stated that you SHALL NOT be in possession, custody or control of firearms.

Guess what?

You were in possession, custody or control of firearms.

Why do criminals think the way they do? They never understand their parole agreements, they never read, and they ALWAYS think they can "get away with it" or they "won't get caught."

Kind of dumb, don't you think?

You're going back to prison, making little rocks out of big rocks.

What a dufus!

IAAL

Stephen....re-read IAAL's response. Ownership doesnt matter. While on parole, you cannot be in the PRESENCE of firearms. Additionally, it is now a FEDERAL FELONY.

stephenk

Ill Par, that post was dead for 2 weeks.

I was answering the question on how the friend could get his guns back.

Beth3

Aren't weapons used in the commission of a crime typically confiscated? (The parole violation being the crime.) I'd expect Rodnee's gun-toting friend's ability to get his weapons back are slim to none. Probably a good thing too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">