• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

past aggressor harassing girlfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scotch

illinois

my girlfriend, 17, is being sent emails and instant messages by someone that molested her when she was 10-12ish years old. i know he's older then her, and i'm pretty sure >18. he was arrested and i believe convicted and my g/f and her family moved away from that city. she says he'll get bored when she doesn't reply to any of his emails, but if he doesn't i want to know what my legal options are, ie restraining order, harassment charges, possibly solication of sex from a minor, etc. that's where you come in. please help me out asap. thanks
ps in these messages he is degrading to her, calling her stupid, etc., and writes bad about myself too.

calatty

If there was a conviction, there would likely be a no contact order. If she really didn't want to hear from him, she would change her e-mail. You have no options, all the options are hers.

S

scotch

i knew that I had no options, i was wondering what options SHE had, i'm doing reasearch for her, and i'll present her with what i found out.

kat1963

He'll get bored and do what? How does he know what her e-mail and IM addys are in the first place? How does he know about YOU? Cause she's communicating with him, thats why, telling him personal stuff..and she likes your reaction to it or she would just STOP responding to his messages plain and simple. It wouldn't take much more then a few key strokes to purge his profiles and just be done with it. My thoughts are that she is a player. If you have concerns, I suggest you take the matter up with her parents as they would be the ones to take action...but I bet she has several excuses why she can't go to them.
KAT

S

scotch

she wouldn't do that. trust me i know. she said that she doesn't know how he got her email addy or mine. but there was no conviction from what he did to her, and she isn't even sure if he got convicted for what he did to another(others?). what's the statchut of limitations on something like that. i got a very bad email telling about what he did to her, summed up it said he said on her took off her clothes, against her will, took off his own, and then just laid there for a while. in his own words he said she was reisisting him. email to her "I told you that you couldnt tell anyone or something bad would happen but you told anyway." are there ANY leagal actions that can be taken by her???? please let me know, i want this "guy" (used loosely) to pay.

also, in past emails to her, he's made statements like, "Why don't you just die? Just do us
all a favor. Unless you want to come and do me a
favor?..." what does it take to get solication of sex from a minor? or some other charge

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">