• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Patient Abuse Investigation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CarolII

I have an acquaintance who is one of several nurses (i.e. the entire shift) who was being investigated in a wrongful death / patient abuse case. Because there had been no activity in several months, he thought the investigation was closed. Therefore, he has subsequently obtained a different job and moved to another state. He has now been notified (from a friend) that the investigation has NOT been closed and he is a prime suspect because he left the state. Should he call his former employer to make them aware of his new location or is he legally bound to do so? He IS wary of making any contact with the investigators because more often than not they have used intimidation, threats and scare tactics.
Legally, is he required to do anything?

C

curtisd

no but if it were me i'd be getting in touch with them on my terms rather than theirs

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">