• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Peeing Outside

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobspeerblvd

New Mexico. I got a ticket for peeing outside my car. The police woman said I was being charged with indecent exposure and that it was a felony crime. I have to go to court and and I am scared! I am unemployed and do not have the money to pay any fines but I am scared that the judge will make me go to jail.

Isis1

Jeez, are you so broke you can't pee in a bathroom?

What is the actual citation number on your ticket?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
New Mexico. I got a ticket for peeing outside my car. The police woman said I was being charged with indecent exposure and that it was a felony crime. I have to go to court and and I am scared! I am unemployed and do not have the money to pay any fines but I am scared that the judge will make me go to jail.
You could definitely go to jail. You could also end up having to register as a sex offender depending on the exact crime cited.

justalayman

30-9-14. Indecent exposure.

A. Indecent exposure consists of a person knowingly and intentionally exposing his primary genital area to public view.

B. As used in this section, "primary genital area" means the mons pubis, penis, testicles, mons veneris, vulva or vagina.

C. Whoever commits indecent exposure is guilty of a misdemeanor.

D. In addition to any punishment provided pursuant to the provisions of this section, the court shall order a person convicted for committing indecent exposure to participate in and complete a program of professional counseling at his own expense.

History: 1953 Comp., § 40A-9-24, enacted by Laws 1975, ch. 109, § 5; 1996, ch. 84, § 1
If the claim was she saw your buttocks (as stated in your other thread you posted concerning this), this is not indecent exposure.

There will be an argument that the simple exposure at all in a public area is adequate to maintain such a charge. I have not researched NM case law but at least several states have ruled that the possibility that somebody could have seen you had they looked, the fact that nobody did does not support a charge of indecent exposure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">