• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pending sexual assault case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Deanna

A man that I knew tried to rape me. Even though he did not penetrate he was charged with criminal sexual assault, class 4 felony. I did a little research of my own and learned that a felony is punishable by one year or more imprisonment. I can not afford a lawyer so the court has appointed one for me. I talked to the attorney during the early part of last week. He informed me that there are two charges, unlawful restraint and attempted sexual assault, both of which he said carries a penalty of 1 year probation. He never even said anything about the original charge or why it was reduced. The state's investigators took pictures of my bruises, he returned to the scene of the crime, said everything to incriminate himself except I'm guilty. After the incident occured, other women came forward, but no one called the police. They were thanking me for having the courage to do so. By pleading not guilty, he has proven that he has not excepted responsibility for his actions. Therefore, there is no doubt in my mind that he will try this again. I fought with everything I had, but the next person might not be so lucky. I am scared and I am nervous but if there is anyway I can fight this on my own, I will. There was also a witness, he walked in on the incident. He is also a friend of the accused, I want to know is there anyway that the court could order him to testify. Also, my court appointed attorney did not seem very welcoming to my questions, is there anyway for me to get better representation? I would deeply appreciate any solution to my problem. Thank You.
http://www.sixfigureincome.com/?581773/------------------

[This message has been edited by Deanna (edited October 25, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Deanna (edited October 25, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Deanna (edited October 29, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Deanna (edited October 29, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">