• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pennsylvania...Domestic Violence Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JessG

I did a dumb thing...my husband beat me up last month and I called the police, he went to jail (not the dumb thing) but we made a deal that if I got him out of jail (by using our home to post bail) that he would leave me alone...he has held his end of the bargin but now we are divorcing and cannot settle the house because the bail bond willnot be settled until next year sometime when the trial happens...question is can I go to the DA since I am his witness and either make him settle or can I make the judge drop the bail? I am to the point that I cant make the pmt alone and forclosure is just around the corner help!

T

Tracey

You need a divorce attorney to get an order requiring H to keep up the mortgage payments or to find other property to give the bondsman in lieu of the house lien.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">