• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Perjury//changing name on my sons birth certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

omgineedhelp

What is the name of your state? California :cool:

Well to be honest i dont know if this is the correct place to post this...

Well, to make a long story short.
I ran away from home at 16. :eek:
Got prengnant and gave birth at 17. :eek:

However, While i was giving birth, i was so afraid of getting caught that I used a Fake Name while getting Medi-Cal, and WIC, and while in the hospital. Also, This fake name is on my son's birth certificate. :eek:

Is this concidered prejury, signing all these papers under a fake name, and stuff? :confused:

What I really want to do, now that i'm over 18, get that fake name off of my sons birth certificate, and put my real name on. :p

How do I go about getting this started? Where do I go? Do I need a DNA test? Would I serve jailtime? :confused:

I want to get my life back to normal the way life should be, I want to stop using this stupid fake name and get on with life. :eek:

Please help ASAP!

attorney B. Cut

Thier is nothing wrong with what you did, perhaps you were hiding from dangerious/drug addicted parents. Changing your name is very easy and you have every right to do so. The first step is to call the clerks office to find out where to file the name change. In most states its at probate court but I am not sure about CA. You should not have a problem doing this yourself, it's very easy. You do not have to give or explain why to the court, its your name.

omgineedhelp

sdfg

Yes, i had abusive parents, i am not a drain on society ok?

Well, its not MY name i want to change. I used this fake name on my SONS birth certificate when he was born.
I want to put my REAL name on HIS birth certificate. Is it possible and would I get in trouble with the law?
I was 17 when this happend.

stephenk

attorney B. Cut said:
Thier is nothing wrong with what you did, perhaps you were hiding from dangerious/drug addicted parents. Changing your name is very easy and you have every right to do so. The first step is to call the clerks office to find out where to file the name change. In most states its at probate court but I am not sure about CA. You should not have a problem doing this yourself, it's very easy. You do not have to give or explain why to the court, its your name.
Are you a moron or just pretending to be one? Dangerous/drug addicted parents??? Where did you pull that from?

Filing a petition for name change doesn't solve the problem of the false name she has been using for the past year or so with Medi-cal and WIC.

To the original poster: Did you put the real name of the father on the birth certificate?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

omgineedhelp said:
What is the name of your state? California :cool:

Well, to make a long story short.
I ran away from home at 16. :eek:
Got prengnant and gave birth at 17. :eek:

However, While i was giving birth, i was so afraid of getting caught that I used a Fake Name while getting Medi-Cal, and WIC, and while in the hospital. Also, This fake name is on my son's birth certificate. :eek:

My response:

Please tell me you're not originally from California.

IAAL

omgineedhelp

Yes the father's name is on the birth certificate (we are still together) and our baby has the same last name as his father as well.

And I ranaway from Florida to California.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">