• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Perjury on a document

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

louism1954

I've attempted to file a formal criminal complaint against an individual for perjury against me on a document with the police dept. The police dept refused to investigate it but did give me a case number. The perjury was on the plaintiff's declaration portion of a restraining order, filed by a former employer. This took place in the state of California, san mateo county.I had to consent to the order in order to get the plaintiff's to drop their request to pay his attorney's fees. This was per the advice of my lawyer. The type of perjury that was committed against me was numerous but the most serious was multiple counts of stalking a total of 6 individuals. I was never charged criminally nor was their any complaint made nor does any proof exists because it never happened.

Did the police violate my civil rights in refusing to investigate?
How does one get prosecuted for signing their name under penalties of perjury? I was actually following the advice of a deputy D.A. who said to take the paperwork to the police and file a complaint. I even took a polygraph to show I was making the complaint in good faith. The system is not working for me.

Last edited:

calatty

One likely reason the police are not interested is that you have suffered no adverse consequences as a result of this perjury, except not being allowed to be around this person. The police do not have an obligation to conduct an investigation into every possible misdeed.

L

louism1954

Perjury

Perjury is part of the California penal code(section 118) for a reason. And it covers certificataions on a document under penalties of perjury. Its a crime and a felony. Crimes should be investigated. Period. Just because a crime does no immediate damage is totally irrevelant. The potential for damage is still there, since this is a public record, as well as a court document.The police DO have an obligation to investigate anything reported to them as a crime. And there is a big difference between a crime an a misdeed.

Last edited:
T

T-DESIGNER

Were the names of the six individuals, you supposedly stalked,
on the plaintiff's declaration? If yes, what are they going to say?
I don't know what else the police might investigate. How do
you know the police are unwilling to investigate? Do they have
a backlog of cases to investigate? If you are in a rush, hire
a private investigator; otherwise, give the police six months
to investigate.

What are you trying to accomplish?

1) Get the restraining order revoked? If yes, why bother?
2) Clear your good name? If yes, go back and talk to your
attorney, or hire another attorney. He/she may hire a private
investigator, whose hourly rates may be less than his/her
hourly rates. If you win in court, you should be able to
recover your attorney expenses, etc.

Citizen Brown

L

louism1954

Police Finally Respond

Content to report that I received a call from the Police today in response to a letter I had sent to the Chief after my disappointing experience. A report is being made and forwarded to a special investigator within the District Attorney's office. Thats better!

kat1963

I just want to tell you...do NOT get your hopes up. It is rare that perjury cases go anywhere...but hey, keep screaming at the top your lungs, they'll probably do something about it just to make you go away! (know what I mean?:) )

Good Luck and do keep us informed of the details. Personally, I'd love to see perjury get the attention it deserves.

KAT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">