• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

permit to carry question, important due to safety for kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ifnotforyou

i recently found out that my ex recieved a permit to carry in PA. she has moved to TX and i assume she transfered it/reapplied for it.

she has had a history of depression. she is a lifetime member of the "anti depression drug of choice for the weekclub." she had been diagnoised as having bipolar disaorder several years ago while an out patient at a PA psychiactric hospital.

problem is i fear for my children. can i have this disputed? can i contact TX to look into it? must i offer proof? must i give my name? she has a vindictive streak that you CAN'T imagine!

i have read TX gun law and it stated that bipolar was a disqualifier.

thanks in advance!

I

ifnotforyou

silly person...but thanks for your permission!

can she get in trouble legally? can it be taken from her by TX.?
can i drop a dime and call without any proof to my claim? must i get personally involved? she has got one mean, vindictive streak that i have seen time and time again!

A

artist

By all means contact Tx. and have the well-being of your children checked on... You might be able to contact law enforcement in that county or city and advise them of the issues that you are concerned with. You can do this with-out giving your name, however most officers are happy to help you with-out revealing your name to the person in question. They have ways to check on concerns with-out stating the reason why...I understand your concerns, in the state of NC most times if you have any history of mental conditions you are not able to get a permit. But, you also have to look at it this way, most people that have mental problems or have criminal issues wont bother with a permit anyway, they just carry regardless. Hope this helps...

B

beckiann

Well, one thing you need to understand is that Texas is like a different country in some respects. In Texas, a woman has to be living on the street shooting herion into her veins before children are taken from their mother, even if the father is the more suitable parent. I feel for situations where children are innocent victims. Good luck.

H

Humble Warrior

Let me start off by saying this:
I work at Harrisburg State Hospital(Nursing Dept.),and your gun question gave me a "flash-back", especially when you mentioned Texas.
Dont give me a name(confidentiality issue) but does your ex happen to have long blonde hair,and a really cute body for a woman of about 40 years old,and her first name begins with an "S"?
If this is her,I PERSONALLY revolked her permit in Pa. She no longer has one. If this is the same girl,I had it revolked about 1997.
If not.....gun permits cannot be carried from state to state in any case. She must re-apply in her new home-state.
She must also be honest in disclosing her hospitalization,thusly disqualifying her,or she is creating a felony offense by lieing(at least in Pa she is). If I can help you in some way,use my e-mail [email protected] and I"ll give you my home # to call me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">