• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Property Damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

filly05

Not sure where else to post this. I don't see a forum for property damage. I moved out of my ex's apartment a few weeks ago and forgot to take the 2 cable boxes and internet router which are in my name. I need to return these by the end of the week or I will get charged almost $500 from the cable company. My ex and I are not on speaking terms. I've tried to contact him several times regarding getting these things back and have not gotten a response. What can I do to get these items back? If he's damaged them or thrown them away what steps can I take so that HE will have to pay the $500 back to the cable company?
(Wisconsin)

Antigone*

Not sure where else to post this. I don't see a forum for property damage. I moved out of my ex's apartment a few weeks ago and forgot to take the 2 cable boxes and internet router which are in my name. I need to return these by the end of the week or I will get charged almost $500 from the cable company. My ex and I are not on speaking terms. I've tried to contact him several times regarding getting these things back and have not gotten a response. What can I do to get these items back? If he's damaged them or thrown them away what steps can I take so that HE will have to pay the $500 back to the cable company?
(Wisconsin)

The cable company has a contract with you. You owe the cable company. If you take your case to small claims court you may be able to recover from your ex.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">