• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Petti Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hgytvdj

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I was cought Shoplifting from a wall mart in Florida, I was charged with petti theft and given a notice to appear. Can I get Jail time for this? It is my first offence, im 19 years old. I am guilty Im pretty sure they have evadence Is the best hing to do to plea guilty or try to get a no conteast plea?

FlyingRon

There's no practical difference to you to plea no contest versus guilty. Jail is a possibility (put probably not overly likely). I would suggest you at least talk to a lawyer. Unless you are sure what the outcome of doing otherwise, plead NOT GUILTY.

You'll likely get a letter from Walmart demanding you pay them as well (in addition to any fines and costs for your criminal charges).

hgytvdj

And should I be able to talk to a public Deffender? Do you think I will be able to get a plea Bargen?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">