• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

petty theft as a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nata1204

What is the name of your state? California

my daughter, a minor, was arrested for petty theft.

she had gone into a store two months ago and taken bathing suits and after she left, the workers realized this. and so recently, she went into that store and they recognized her and therefore kept a close eye on her. she had stolen a wallet and so was arrested. she had a friend with her who claims she knew nothing.

1. can she or will she be questioned about the details of the shoplifting she did two months ago?

2. her friend claims to have known nothing but if in reality, she was pressuring her to go through with it, will her friend be called in if my daughter states this? (that she felt pressured by that friend)

3. can i obtain the police report? when will i have access to it or be able to at least read it?

4. is the fact that she did it once before going to hurt her a lot?

racer72

1. Maybe. Depends who does the questioning.

2. Maybe. If there is enough evidence.

3. Your daughter's lawyer should be able to obtain a copy.

4. Possibly. It could be used against her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">