• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pharmacy deleivery man gave 7yr my prescription of vicodine.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sky75110

hi

the pharmacy deleivery guy came to my yard and was in to much of a hurry so he asked my 7 yr old to come here and give this to her mom. she said ok and took it . he left she brought it to me 20 minuts later. thank god she did not open it or the kids down the street who are alot older did not get it. I know its a crime to distribute to a minor. this could of killed her. they were a high dosage. I called the owner of the pharmacy and he said he would talk to him but not firde him because he was in a hurry and was not thinking and he would not do it again.and sent the man back to my house to tell my daughter he was sorry . which he did tell her that. well I want to know what can I do. do I have a lawsuit against him or the owner or what can I do. Im lucky I could not have my baby right now. please help
thank you

A

Always searching

What does the delivery guy get? 5.15 an hour. sheesh the poor kid probably was up to his ears in delivery and just wasn't thinking. Leave it alone lady and let the guy keep his job. If he gets fired from that one, he will be delivering your pizza's next.

S

sky75110

Well He is in his 40's .I think he was old enough to know what the law is. And not just the law, but would he give his grandaughter a bottle of high mg pain pills?or his daughter.
I will not drop it for the reason THIS IS MY MY BABY GIRL!!!!!!!!!! I'M VERY LUCKY I TOUGHT MY KIDS SAFTY. but he is making about 13 dallers an hour far from 5.15 If anyone who can give more information please respond thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sky75110:
Well He is in his 40's .I think he was old enough to know what the law is. And not just the law, but would he give his grandaughter a bottle of high mg pain pills?or his daughter.
I will not drop it for the reason THIS IS MY MY BABY GIRL!!!!!!!!!! I'M VERY LUCKY I TOUGHT MY KIDS SAFTY. but he is making about 13 dallers an hour far from 5.15 If anyone who can give more information please respond thank you
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

I thoroughly understand your feeling on the subject. Your daughter IS number one, and her safety is paramount. No doubt about it.

However, and while he may have violated some Municipal or State law, that is between him and the Municipality or the State.

You've heard of the saying, "No harm, No foul" haven't you?

In order for you to be able to sue him, directly, and be successful in such a lawsuit, there has to be damages; e.g., if your daughter had ingested the pills and she became ill and required a doctor's care - - then she and you would then be entitled to sue for damages - - medical expenses and pain and suffering. But, since that didn't happen, thankfully, you would be wasting your time to sue anyone, including his employer.

If you want to take some sort of action, and since his employer is unwilling to fire him, then you may want to contact your State or local health department to find out what they can do to the employer and the employee.

I'm eternally happy that your daughter is safe, and that she learned well from an obviously caring mother. What your daughter did to handle the situation is a good reflection on you, and the manner in which you have reared your daughter.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">