• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phone Calls Recorded w/o Our Knowledge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LauraMarie

I just found out that my telephone conversations with my kids during custody battles several years ago were taped by their stepmother. My daughter is staying at their house and found a small library of cassettes containing conversations of anyone who placed or received a call from their location. This women caused much damage to the relationship between my children and I for years, they have since grown up and are in their early 20's. My questions: Recording someone without their knowledge is against law right? Which law? Can I bring up charges against the stepmother and her husband? Does statute of limitations apply here too? Any info would be greatly appreciated, I cannot get this off my mind, I feel extremely violated.

B

bellestar

It was in her home where she recorded the phone calls. So there is no law against that.

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bellestar:
It was in her home where she recorded the phone calls. So there is no law against that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes there is.. It is illegal to record phone conversations in an all party state without 'All Parties' knowing about it.

I have no idea what the SOL are for this, but I guess if it was more than 6 years ago then it is unlikely anything can be done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">