• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phone harrasment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stacysue

Hi , I live in Kansas. I was recently divorced and my exhusband remarried a day after our divorce was final I moved to another state while our divorce was still going on. my exhusband has residential custody of my children.Well, I recently moved back to Ks. but while I was living away , I had no problem getting to talk to them on the phone . but now that I have moved back , I call several times and get a answering machine. My children inform me that their dad and new step mother have the phone locked up in there bedroom, and they have no way of answering it.I only live 10 miles from them , but it is still long distance.
This was the problem. I had made arrangements to have lunch with my son at school ,he didnt no what time his lunch period was so I was to call him the next day to find out. I had went to lunch with my daughter on Mon, was suppose to go with my son on tues.Well I tried several times to call Mon.evening , got the answering machine. I called several times on Tues. got the answering machine. Also on Wed. I didnt want him to feel left out because I already had lunch on Mon.with his sister and decided to call Thurs.morning before school, still the answering machine. Thursday night I call again and find the #I was calling from was blocked. I was very upset and called from another phone # to get the answering machine , where I left ugly but not threatening any violence , but threating to get a lawyer if the number didnt become unblocked.
I forgot to mention at the beginning of his new marriage I was informed I wasnt to talk to my exhusband regarding the children, but was to talk to her. well anyway back to the story , later on that thursday night I called my ex.place of employment only to be put on speaker phone , because his wife was there and go round and round ,how I wasnt to be calling him,amd so forth , and it became unpleasant , 2 days later I receive a letter in the mail saying I was to appear in court on the charges f phone harresment , a failure will lead to a warrent for my arrest.
What advice can you give me relating to this?
Do I need a lawyer?
Do they have a case against me?
Please I need some advice on what I should do.
Thank you
Stacysue
Arkansas City Ks.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Well, you really do need an attorney (criminal defense) to help you with these charges and a family law attorney to help you with the blocked call situation.

http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">