• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pleading guilty or not guily

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

David Miller

What is the name of your state? california. i am 20 years old and received a citation for possession of alcohol. i was on foot leaving a party that had been broken up by the police. as i was walking toward our car with several friends a officer yelled for someone to drop the can. i did not have a can in my hand however the officer thought it was me. the officer was about 40 yards away when he gave the order and the street lighting was poor.it was about 1130pm.the officer did not inspect the can or ask me if it were mine.he saw a can (not opened)in the street.the officer patted me down ,placed me in hand cuffs and put me in the back seat of his patrol car while he issued me a citation. i was not intoxicated and stated that the can was dropped by someone else that was leaving the party.the officer used a bp section,25667(a)for the offense.was that a unlawful arrest?and should i plead not guilyt in court?

flashks

If the can wasnt you's, you have no problem. Plead Not Guilty. But its your word against the officers.

Have you ever had a conviction of this type before? That can be an influential factor in this case.

My advice to you is wait until your 21 to go to party's with drinking.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">