• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nan34

What is the name of your state? Texas

I need advice. I filed a criminal complaint against my STBX and it is in the process of being investigagted. The charges had to do with wiretapping. He secretly, without my consent, taperecorded several conversations I had with different people, one of which he is alleging I had an affair with. My attorney walked my compalint over to the DA's office because they are under the impression that my STBX was within his right to taperecord the conversations because he was still living there. I am afraid that the case is going to sit on somebody's desk and that they will never do anything about it, especially since my STBX's attorney used to work for the DA and she has a lot of connections in that office. I felt like they really did not want to even listen to my complaint. I need to know, is there a time limit for the case to be investigated? If I feel that they did not consider all of the evidence I made available to them, is there another step I have to take? Who could I go to if the DA's office is not acting on the information? I am at my witts end with the divorce and the issues pertaining to the wiretapping. PLEASE HELP!!

N

nan34

Continuation to Please Advice

STBX: Soon to be Ex-Husband. I am in the process of getting a divorce, and my STBX is making it incredibly difficult to finalize anything eventhough he was the one who chose to move out and file. Do I need to elaborate on anything else? PLEASE ADVICE!!

N

nan34

I have posted questions on this forum before and have most of the time gotten solid responses. Mainly for my peace of mind. I feel I am on the verge of a nervous break down and I truly and urgently need some useful advice. Please help!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">