• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please advise me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

junior champ

What is the name of your state? tn
my friend was at a bar and got into a fight, he threw a beer bottle at a guy but missed, the bottle however hit a table and glass flew throughout the bar, cutting a womans arm somewhat seriously, what could my friend be charged with and does the women have a set amount of time to file a police report, if so, how long. please advise me!! thanks...

Raptoer

Your friend committed assault, he recklessly caused injury to another person.

A person commits assault who: (1) Intentionally, knowingly or recklessly causes bodily injury to another;
From the Tennessee law on assault.
In Tennessee assault is a class A misdemeanor, however for the life of me I can't find the penalty for a class A misdemeanor.

The main thing that will decide if your friend has to go to court is if he assisted the woman after he injured her. Did he take her to the hospital and stay there with her until someone else took her home? If he did that, he should mostly be ok.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">