• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Answer ASAP..(tennessee)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mbhopcroft

THIS IS TENNESSEE:

ok, i will try my best to make this short....
ok, my husband was working at a convient store and he took $50.00 worth of lottery tickets & that was it, well the manager viewed the tape, called the cops & the cop watched the tape and handcuffed my husband then let him go with only a citation because it was a misdemenor, the charge was theft from building & it said He stole an undisclosed amount of lottery tickets, well he had a court date & he went, well when the judge called him up to get a public defender, the prosucter stepped in & said.."Your Honor, this is a felony charge, the manager of the store said it was $900 cash gone" well what i don't get is why wasn't that told to the officer that day & if they didn't realize it that day, why not call the cops again after it was realized, but my husband did not take any money whatsoever!
This happened on a Sunday, well the manager viewed the tape on Monday Morning & still allowed my husband to come in Monday evening & work 3rd shift alone!!!! & on the tape it shows a 3rd shift guy locking the store door up, & going to the safe & to his backpack & climbing out of the window!
My husband refuses a public defender & he is hiring his on, because he has a felony from 7 years ago!
if he is found guilty which is isn't, will he get jail time? if so what about only weekends? can you get probation only for a felony? but the thing is HE DIDN"T TAKE MONEY! just the 50 bucks of tickets & he didn't even cash them in!
Since his Felony from 7 yrs ago is is doing so good, no trouble at all, also next month he has to be in court over is disability and then in Oct we have to go over a lawsuit, we are suing a truck driver for almost killing us on the interstate, he has to be at these, plus I am sick, and need care, my husband is my caregiver..will the judge look at those tthings & consider probation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">