• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PLEASE give advice!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

txmom1

I went to the Attorney Generals office here in Texas to meet with my sons father for child support/visitation. He was angry about the amount they told him he would be required to pay. I agreed on half the amount because I knew that if my son ever needed anything, he would help. Anyway...I returned home and was looking through the papers that we both received. Not only did they list my SSN on them but they also listed my drivers license number AND showed a copy of my signature. My sons father has served time in prison for identity theft and check forgery. I'm not so much concerned about him doing anything because I don't believe he is doing this crime any longer, but I am concerned about some of his family members and acquaintances whom I KNOW are! I am sure he will be very careless in leaving these papers lying around.
I called the caseworker at the Attorney Generals office and asked him why they give this information when all they have to show is the case number. His response to me was that anyone can get this type of information over the internet for $25, that it is public record. I told him "NOT MY SIGNATURE!". He then said that there was nothing he could do to help me and about all I could do was sit back and see if something happens. This really rattled me!! Isn't the Attorney Generals office supposed to help stop these crimes rather than contribute to them??!!
I have already sent for a copy of my credit report and will do so periodically. Is there any way for me to get my SSN and DL changed?
I am so worried and angry about this that I'm losing sleep and can hardly concentrate on anything else!
Will everyone PLEASE tell me ALL steps I can take to protect myself before something does happen.

C

curtisd

go to the store and buy a dark indelible marker then go to his house and cross out all of your pertinent info-in answer to your other question the atty.gen.would be without a job if they stopped all crime

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">