• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help answer this...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mike Krausman

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

Property manager of a condo complex (150 units) has complaint agaist me that authorizes police to arrest me if I go on the property.

Several condo owners know management made false claims in conjunction with full-time cop / part-time security officer at the complex to get district attorney to authorize arrest and invite me to important meeting regarding their properties anyway. (I sold many condos at this property)

I attend meeting, no one askes me to leave but police show up and arrest me in front of many former clients and future clients.

Was this a wrongful arrest??? I spend 2 days in jail and find out property manager and cop told DA that this was an apartment complex in their original complaint.

What should I do???

stephenk

you knew there was a restraining order that ordered you to stay off the property and yet you still went on the property? If yes, what part of the restraining order didn't you understand?

Mike Krausman

The scope of it is what I don't understand...

Are you suggesting that a restraining order or no trespass order can cover an entire community? I always assumed it would be limited to property the complaintent possessed. What are your thoughts?

Mike

stephenk

then be clear in your posts. Was this meeting at the condo complex or somewhere else? did the restraining order also order you to stay away from certain people who live at the complex? If yes, were any of those people at the meeting?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">