• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help, Made mistake, Trying to overcome

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sarab1068

Maryland.

I was arrested last November on petit larceny charges under $500 from a JC Penney store in Maryland. I paid twice the restitution i was supposed to pay and a bunch of other civil penalties and fines. They ended up dropping all civil charges from me but im still awaiting a court hearing for criminal charges. The first court hearing that was scheduled was cancelled due to the prosecution asking for a continuance of motion. So it was rescheduled for today. So i went in there today, completely clueless. I had nobody to represent me because i didnt no that i had to. I was advised that what i should to was ask for a continauance of motion. Nobody appeared once again from the prosecution side. Ive been stressed out about this since the day that it happened almost a year ago, and now ive found myself once again waiting longer now to get it over with. Can somebody please help me with some advice on what i should do. Ive never been in trouble before and am very clueless on the whole legal system and how it works. PLEASE, please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">