• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help Me!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WIFE&MOM

What is the name of your state?
TEXAS.

A 17TH YEAR OLD GIRL TOLD A 27TH YEAR OLD MAN THAT 10 YEARS AGO HE TOLD HER TO TOUCH HIM ON HIS PRIVETE PARTS, HE SAYS THAT HE DOES NOT REMEMBER ANYTHING LIKE THAT. HE IS AN ALCOHOLIC; SO HE THINKS THAT IF THAT REALY HAPENED IT WOULD BE WHEN HE WAS DRUNK. MY QUESTION IS: IF SHE DECIDES TO PRESS CHARGES WOULD HE BE IN DANGER TO GO TO JAIL?

IAAL-Atty-Calif

WIFE&MOM said:
TEXAS.

A 17TH YEAR OLD GIRL TOLD A 27TH YEAR OLD MAN THAT 10 YEARS AGO HE TOLD HER TO TOUCH HIM ON HIS PRIVETE PARTS, HE SAYS THAT HE DOES NOT REMEMBER ANYTHING LIKE THAT. HE IS AN ALCOHOLIC; SO HE THINKS THAT IF THAT REALY HAPENED IT WOULD BE WHEN HE WAS DRUNK. MY QUESTION IS: IF SHE DECIDES TO PRESS CHARGES WOULD HE BE IN DANGER TO GO TO JAIL?

My response:

Okay, you've got to calm down and stop screaming at us. Turn off the capital letters.

IAAL

Just Blue

WIFE&MOM said:
TEXAS.

Please don't type in all caps...if is considered bad manners and makes if harder to read your post...it is also against the TOS of this forum.:)

Yes, If she files a complaint and the DA decides to move forward with it, and the 27 year old guy could go to jail...it depends on what he would be charged with and if he has a history of such abuses or a criminal record. Perhaps this guy could find an AA meeting and take this as a sign that its time to quit drinking...When you have blackouts and molest 7 year old girls, it's time to quit!

CdwJava

If the ONLY evidence is a 10 year old allegation of inappropriate touching or fondling, and no confession is forthcoming, then the odds of a conviction are almost nil.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">