• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help Me! Charged With Bigamy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Chickes2

I am in the beginnings of a custody battle with whom I thought was my husband. Apparently, in his dealings with his lawyer it has come up that I never had a divorce degree from my previous marriage. Both myself and my previous husband were shocked as we both had assumed for many years that we were divorced.

Anyhow, I was charged last night with bigamy which is a class e felony. I am terrified. I have to go for a preliminary hearing next week. I have no criminal record and was wondering if anyone had any idea what is going to happen. I live in Delaware by the way.....Thanks

R

RedneckRoy

Why did ya think you were divorced? Did you or your ex pay a lawyer to get a divorce?

D

dorfman

You wimmin are ALL ALIKE.......

If you werent so desperate to always be married none of this would have happend!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">