• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please need urgent help - worried

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zacharamiz

memphis,tennessee

I am an international student on F-1 status! I have recently done the most dumbest thing of my life which I am repenting for and having scary days and nights and worried would haunt me through my life here in US.
I was given a misdemeaor citation for shoplifting ($70 worth) recently last week at a major store in memphis,tn the place i live and have my court dates next month.
And after pleading the store to leave me they have given me a Merchant restitution form which they said I should submit on the day of court and pay the amount so that they would take their charges back.

But would this still leave a misdemeanor citation on me and also a possibility for me to be convicted or the case would be dismissed or else is there a way out for dismissing the case?

I spoke to a lawer and he said that the case would be dismissed right away because of the merchant restitution form. is this really possible?????? or would be it dismissed only after i finish the diversion of 1 year if i get one???????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">