• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Read!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobbob88

Arkansas

A girl and myself have been dating since November of last year. She is 16 turning 17 in June, i am 20. Back in december we mesed around and did pretty much everything except have sex. at the time she was 16 and i was 20. Her mom knew about it and realized that we felt bad for messing up and decided to let it go. However here recently her dad just found out and has decided unless i completly break away without telling her why that he is going to have me prosecuted. I have heard a lot about in arkansas 16 being the age of consent then i have also heard that it doesnt matter. I was hoping to get the truth about this. She is totally against her dad prosecuting me and says she would help me in any way however we obviously will not lie about it. So the question basically is am I in trouble? can he have me put in jail?

Antigone*

Arkansas

A girl and myself have been dating since November of last year. She is 16 turning 17 in June, i am 20. Back in december we mesed around and did pretty much everything except have sex. at the time she was 16 and i was 20. Her mom knew about it and realized that we felt bad for messing up and decided to let it go. However here recently her dad just found out and has decided unless i completly break away without telling her why that he is going to have me prosecuted. I have heard a lot about in arkansas 16 being the age of consent then i have also heard that it doesnt matter. I was hoping to get the truth about this. She is totally against her dad prosecuting me and says she would help me in any way however we obviously will not lie about it. So the question basically is am I in trouble? can he have me put in jail?
Yes and Yes. Stay away from the child!!!

Isis1

does age of consent matter at all? if not why does it exist?
if mom and dad are against you touching their child, then the age of consent does not matter.

if mom and dad say no, then stay away from the little girl. why dad hasn't pointed a gun at you to get the message across boggles my mind.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">