• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Police Interceptor" Sticker On Car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

InfoSeeking

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

I recently purchased a used police car (I flip cars as a hobby). It's a 2008 Crown Victoria and has the "Police Interceptor" sticker on the back. Here's an example of exactly what it looks like: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/d9m5WqFJAGM/maxresdefault.jpg

"Police Interceptor" is the legal model name for the P71 package and comes like that from the Ford factory. I have removed all of the official police decals from the side, the sirens, and all flashing lights. However, since this particular decal was built into the car by the factory, it's incredibly difficult to remove without causing exterior damage to the car.

Would there be any issues with driving this vehicle in the state of Texas?

Since it's just the legal model name, I don't see how it could be an issue or considered impersonation, I just wanted to get you guys opinion on it.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

I recently purchased a used police car (I flip cars as a hobby). It's a 2008 Crown Victoria and has the "Police Interceptor" sticker on the back. Here's an example of exactly what it looks like: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/d9m5WqFJAGM/maxresdefault.jpg

"Police Interceptor" is the legal model name for the P71 package and comes like that from the Ford factory. I have removed all of the official police decals from the side, the sirens, and all flashing lights. However, since this particular decal was built into the car by the factory, it's incredibly difficult to remove without causing exterior damage to the car.

Would there be any issues with driving this vehicle in the state of Texas?

Since it's just the legal model name, I don't see how it could be an issue or considered impersonation, I just wanted to get you guys opinion on it.
You shouldn't have no trouble at all as long as all police equipment has been removed. I certainly have seen far worse when I lived in Ft. Worth.

xylene

You will have no problems.

These cars were sold to the public and fleet operators.

It is just a cool way of saying "Heavy Duty"

If you want to minimize the appearance of the badging without modifiying the car:

clean the are thoroughly by washing then with iso alcohol, let it dry.

Take quality 3m electrical tape and apply it over the badge, and with sharp scissors cut the endsso the ribbon of tape conforms exactly to the badge cleanly and roundly. Rub the tape in with the heel of your hand, then blow over it with a hair dryer not to much just enough to really actrivate the adhesive and slightly soften the tape, then press it all in again with a wadded up terry towel careful not to slip it off or around. Let it cool.

Your are looking good. When the vehicle is anything but perfectly clean the cover-up will be invisible. Fresh out the wash the blacks may contrast a little.

If you want to remove it for sale, a little goo gone or sticker shock (basically goo gone in an aerosol can) and peels right off.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I see these badges on taxis all the time, albeit not in Texas. I can't see it being a problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">