• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police officer harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ruthenium

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

My husband has been suspended from our local police force pending an investigation. One of the other officers has been harassing me. It started with following me a couple times, staring as I go through a construction area where he is directing traffic, making a motion with his hand like pointing a gun at me and now at a local event passed by rubbing up against me, hitting my butt and mumbling "I'll get you". What can I do if I don't trust the chief of police (I think that him and some of the officers are dirty and had a hand in the accusations my husband is under investigation for). The chief once made the remark that "if you don't fit in with the others leave the department or they will get rid of you". I know the officer who is harrassing me has tried to get my husband fired by telling the chief that my husband was following him when he was on duty. This officer has a history of violent background from bar fighting to beating his wife. Where can I go to? Is harassing people a crime?

Tallrat

Does your city have a safety director? He would be the Police Chiefs boss. In some cities the Mayor is acting safety director.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">