• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police Report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Diondra

What is the name of your state?
Illinois

I work in a city in Illinois as a comptroller/water bill clerk/ whatever
I had trouble with the Mayor harrassing me and came after me once and got in my face. The States attorney had a officer come by and have me write out a statement and sign a police report. They had assault and harrassment on there. The states attorney's assistant made a remark that makes me think that he told the Mayor. Is there anything I can do about it. I can tell by remarks made by the Mayor that he knows about it. Could someone help me.

O

oberauerdorf

Help you with what? A police report is public information and can be seen by anyone. And if the Mayor, or anyone, is being accused of a crime, then they have the right to face their accusers, the right to answer any complaints and so forth and so on.

So, back to my original question. Help you with what?

Diondra

The police officer came to my house so the Mayor would not find out . They told me if he ever comes after me again to call the cops. How can a states attorney assistant call this person up and tell him that I did this?

O

oberauerdorf

O.k. let's step back a minute.

Do you have PROOF that anyone told the Mayor?

Did the mayor TELL you he knows? Or did he tell you he KNOWS it was you?

You're jumping to a very big conclusion here. Unless there are facts you didn't feel were relevant to your post to include, in which case I'm done and you can wait on someone with more patience.

The simple fact is, you are having problems with the Mayor. You files a complaint. The mayor, as the person having a complaint filed against them, has the right to answer and was probably asked for a statement.

It's put two and two together time for the Mayor and the answer was YOU.
No one necessarily had to tell him anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">