• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

police report makes false statements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mayorsmith

What is the name of your state? ca. i've been charged with a violation of ca. penal code 591. injuring or disconnecting a telephone line. in the sherriff's report it states that i admitted to disconnecting the phone line at my house. i made no such statement, nor was i even asked about the phone line. this sherriffs report is part of the discovery from the district attorney's office that i recieved at the arraignment. what can i do about this false sherriffs report?

calatty

Nothing. If you or witnesses who were present testify you never said anything, the judge or jury will still believe the police instead of you and them. Police lie all the time to beef up their case and you're pretty much powerless. That's why it is better never to get caught up with them in the first place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">