• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

police response time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bagged123

Need some help in this. A friend was in a bad situation with her boyfriend. The boyfriend hit her several times by fist, phone and table. The police were called several times and it took the police almost 30 minutes to respond. When someone called 6 hours and raising hell with the response time, they finally responded 10 minutes after that call. Now in the time of the initial call and the reponse time, she recieved several severe injuries, my question is can anything be done legally with the state police response time?

Thanks,

Delaware

JETX

Assuming you mean filing some lawsuit claiming that their delay allowed her to be further injured, the answer is No. However, you can file a 'complaint' with the law enforcement agency so that they can investigate the cause of the delay.

S

sac11550

Support your police, I can asure you they are understaffed and over worked. Call you mayor's office and tell them to higher more officers or put more officers on the street. police can only handle once call at a time. I am sure the police were handling someone elses emeregency or call for service. you should not have to wait that long when you call 911, but it is not b/c the officers were just driving slow to get there. support the cops, its the city that is to blame and needs increase there response times bu hiring more cops.

F

FKNA

"it is not b/c the officers were just driving slow to get there"

No, it was because they stopped to have donuts on the way.

L

Lieutenant

TO FKNA

You're the one IAAL thinks is a complete and stupid idiot. And I can see why. I still read in here a lot, and I've been reading YOUR answers especially.

TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER:

30 minutes is a deplorable time. However, it could have been the result of many things: understaffed in dispatch, maybe a new dispatcher who didn't dispatch it correctly to the guys on patrol, the street shift could have been short or there have been an accident or another situation that they had been called to and when that happens they can't leave to answer another call. I can assure, as a cop with 18 years experience, we take each call seriously and to Sac11550, I appreciate your support.

F

FKNA

To Lieutenant,

"You're the one IAAL thinks is a complete and stupid idiot. And I can see why. I still read in here a lot, and I've been reading YOUR answers especially."

I'm glad you find amusement in reading another idiots posts. We aim to please.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">