• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police wont pursue charges TEXAS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jackibell

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

a friend had bad breakup and the ex-girlfriend stole EVERYTHING from house when she moved out - including firearms that are registered to my friend and other items that are registered in some form to his name alone and verifiable (i.e. AQHA registered horse, tools/equipment with serial numbers, saddles with serial numbers, trophy buckles (over 300 of them) that he won rodeoing and can prove it, etc etc etc) she has told 15 different lies as to who owns what and why she took it - and the police wont arrest her.

ISNT STEALING FIREARMS A FELONY IN TEXAS?? i know horse theft is and the police have IMPOUNDED the horse and will not release it until 2 weeks have passed to ensure no tranfers have been filed with the AQHA. now call me crazy but why could he not take his horse home after he proved ownership??? then if anything was to arise later they could act?????

she also slashed tires, shot the motor out his truck (whilst he was in it) and EVEN TOOK HIS DAMN DOG. why wont the police do anything other than whine about 'small claims court' being the only option????

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Why don't you let your friend handle his own problem? You are getting the facts second hand and seem to missing something.

Oh, and how do you shoot an engine out of a vehicle? With a bazooka?

swalsh411

Unless you're talking Class III (fully automatic), firearms are not registered in Texas. So right away either you or your "friend" are confused about the facts.

CdwJava

The first problem I see is that this is a breakup with an ex girlfriend. That lends itself to a claim of a "civil" dispute and not a criminal one. The police are probably not going to make an arrest without getting the DA or a judge to sign off on the whole thing. So, if your friend has made a report to the police, the police may have passed the report on to the prosecutor who will then make a decision as to whether or not to pursue the matter in criminal court.

wilcoxmunith

Did he report to the police that she shot the truck? That is the only thing I can see the police acting on, all the rest are civil matters. If he lived with her she has just as much right to take things as he does until he can prove to a civil judge that they are in fact his things and not hers. In the matter of the horse, they need to make sure the reg. papers have not been transfered as would be in the sale of a horse. Being in custody, the horse is being taken care of, and like they said if they find everything good they will return the horse at that time. All other items, including the guns, he needs to get all records including all bills of sale and file in small claims court to get the items returned or get granted money for the items. He needs to be sure to have all his proof ready to show the judge and he needs to pay special attention he doesn't even give a small white lie to the judge or he could have the case dropped in full. He needs to be calm and not get upset and angry in the courtroom or chance angering the judge and loosing everything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">