• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Posasesion Of Firearm

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

C1ALTLAND

MY SON HAS BEEN COVICTED OF A FELONY IN MISSISSIPPI.
HE LATER WAS ARRESTED AGAIN AND DURING SENTENCING
PLEA BARGAINED TO POSSESION OF A WEAPON. ALSO AT THE SAME TIME HE PLEA BARGAINED TO BURGLARY, THE TWO CASES WERE UNRELATED. HE DIDNT DO THE BURGLARY, THE GUN HE HAD DIDNT HAVE A FIRING PIN AND WAS NO LONGER IN HIS POSSESION AT THE TIME OF HIS ARREST. HE PLEA BARGAINED BECAUSE HE WAS STILL ON PROBATION. MY QUESTION IS ...IS THE POSSESION OF A FIREARM A VIOLENT CRIME IN MISSISSIPPI?

Z

zappy

what do you think BOZO......????

Maybe someone should point a Gun at YOUR HEAD and then YOU tell me if its a violent crime!

R

rune_alexander

zappy take a chill pill go to cali and see what happens, you know people like you probably shouldnt post at all your no help to anyone.
really though what is your problem, do you just get on here to insult other or are you here to help!!!!!!!!

C

C1ALTLAND

IN ANSWER TO YOU INSULT HE DIDNOT POINT A GUN AT ANYONE. AS I SAID IT DIDNT HAVE A FIRING PIN ANS WAS USED AS A WHATNOT. YOU CAN GO SUCK YOURSELF BOZO...

L

loocpoc

He can be convicted as a felon because of the intention of the crime. Just because the firearm does not have a firing pin does not take away the intention of the crime.

Example: Suspect A has a BB gun and is a on felony probation for burglary. Suspect A is stopped because there is a BOLO for a vehicle with the same identifing features (Im tired so bear with me). The officer spots the weapon and places suspect A under arrest for posession of a firearm (after going through an NCIC/ State agency check). The officer observes that the weapon is only a BB gun however the charge will stick because there is an intention that he is a felon and he is carrying a weapon.

stephenk

to you original question, what were the circumstances surrounding him being arrested with the gun? was he carrying it on him? did he brandish it?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

C1ALTLAND said:
MY SON HAS BEEN COVICTED OF A FELONY IN MISSISSIPPI.
HE LATER WAS ARRESTED AGAIN AND DURING SENTENCING
PLEA BARGAINED TO POSSESION OF A WEAPON. ALSO AT THE SAME TIME HE PLEA BARGAINED TO BURGLARY, THE TWO CASES WERE UNRELATED. HE DIDNT DO THE BURGLARY, THE GUN HE HAD DIDNT HAVE A FIRING PIN AND WAS NO LONGER IN HIS POSSESION AT THE TIME OF HIS ARREST. HE PLEA BARGAINED BECAUSE HE WAS STILL ON PROBATION. MY QUESTION IS ...IS THE POSSESION OF A FIREARM A VIOLENT CRIME IN MISSISSIPPI?
=========================================

TOP 10 Things That Have Happened To Your Law-Breaking Son - -

NUMBER 10: Guards love playing "Pin the Electrode On The Imprisoned Dissident" with your son.

NUMBER 9: Instead of firing pin in the gun, your son would rather just dump the guy out of a moving car.

NUMBER 8: Your son is brilliant. His theory of relativity is E=MC Hammer.

NUMBER 7: Because the cops arrested your son, you go around saying, "I sure hope somebody gets fired for this."

NUMBER 6: He gave up burglary. Now he spends his time trying to guess people's PIN numbers.

NUMBER 5: Your son asks if he can use you as a reference for his next "firing pinless gun" robbery.

NUMBER 4: Your son always get arrested on " 'Will And Grace' night!"

NUMBER 3: This is the THIRD time he cleaned his assault rifle and forgot to replace the firing pin!

NUMBER 2: You don't know how many times you've told your son, "Just quit doin' all that weird illegal stuff that nobody understands."

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Thing That Has Happened To Your Law-Breaking Son - -

Your son was also once arrested for illegally transporting grits across state lines.

IAAL

Z

zappy

NUMBER 8: Your son is brilliant. His theory of relativity is E=MC Hammer.

That is the funniest one you have ever came up with....but so true!!!

Z

zappy

If you don't have anything NICE to say, then don't say ANYTHING at all.

Mrs Smith 2 U:

Hitler relied on that statement and look what happened!

Z

zappy

THE GUN HE HAD DIDNT HAVE A FIRING PIN

So what your dumb azz son should have never had a gun anywhere.

He is Gulity of being Stupid beyond belief, and those are the jerks we lock up.

There is no racism in the judical system, instead use the standard of stupidity and those who like your son are stupid beyond belief are in jail

Y

YYNHIMR

THE TOP 10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULDN’T HIRE I.A.A.L. AS YOUR LAWYER

NUMBER 10 When the judge sees I.A.A.L. enter the courtroom he gulps his ulcer medicine straight from the bottle and then immediately cites him for contempt.

NUMBER 9 Upon closer perusal of the law books in I.A.A.L.’s library you discover they are actually cleverly custom-made whiskey flasks, all nearly empty.

NUMBER 8 While driving behind an ambulance I.A.A.L. calls his wife and says, “I’ll be home late honey, I have a great lead on a new client.”

NUMBER 7 When the judge calls for order in the court I.A.A.L. orders a ham and cheese on rye with extra mayo. (yeah, I know it’s an old one but ready for the rest? here it is!!) THE JUDGE IS JEWISH!!! Way to go I.A.A.L.!!! HAR, I KILL ME!! (ooops!! expect a lame response for that one)

NUMBER 6 The last five clients represented by I.A.A.L. all resulted in sentences of state executions for the heinous crimes of jaywalking, littering, spitting on the sidewalk, ripping the tags off pillows and operating an electric toothbrush without a permit respectively.

NUMBER 5 I.A.A.L. requests the judge for a continuance during your trial so he can meet with his parole officer, drug and alcohol counselor and psychiatrist.

NUMBER 4 Says to a client while shrugging his shoulders “Hey, guilty, innocent, it’s all the same!! That’ll be $10,000 please.”

NUMBER 3 Only passed the bar because it was closed that day.

NUMBER 2 Excerpt of transcript from actual trial:

I.A.A.L.: And in closing ladies and gentlemen of the jury, yes the defendant claims “Gee, it was only a nail file.” Yes, the defendant is only ten years old, but we as a society have to protect ourselves from those who brandish weapons. (holds out hands) These are the hands of society ladies and gents and we will not allow them to be filed down by scum such as THAT!! (points to defendant) THE DEFENDANT IS SCUM!!! SCUM I TELLS YA!! And society demands that you enter a verdict of guilty and sentence the defendant to DIE!! DIE, I TELLS YA!! BECAUSE THE DEFENDANT IS SCUM!! (pounds jury box) SCUM I SAY!!! (falls on floor, pounds floor) THE DEFENDANT IS SCUM AND NEEDS TO DIE!!! SCUM I SAY!! SCUM!!! (sighs, then curls up in a fetal position and sucks thumb)

Judge: That may well be counselor, but she is also your client!

AND NOW THE NUMBER ONE REASON WHY YOU SHOULDN’T HIRE I.A.A.L. AS YOUR LAWYER (DRUM ROLL PLEASE. READY? HERE IT IS.)

In an initial consultation in his office I.A.A.L. says “No, the ad is a misprint. It should read ‘Works on contingency(?) No(,) money down!’” Then he rips off where the ad reads “Sponsored by the American Bar Association” and eats it.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

YYNHIMR said:
THE TOP 10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULDN’T HIRE I.A.A.L. AS YOUR LAWYER

NUMBER 10 When the judge sees I.A.A.L. enter the courtroom he gulps his ulcer medicine straight from the bottle and then immediately cites him for contempt.

NUMBER 9 Upon closer perusal of the law books in I.A.A.L.’s library you discover they are actually cleverly custom-made whiskey flasks, all nearly empty.

NUMBER 8 While driving behind an ambulance I.A.A.L. calls his wife and says, “I’ll be home late honey, I have a great lead on a new client.”

NUMBER 7 When the judge calls for order in the court I.A.A.L. orders a ham and cheese on rye with extra mayo. (yeah, I know it’s an old one but ready for the rest? here it is!!) THE JUDGE IS JEWISH!!! Way to go I.A.A.L.!!! HAR, I KILL ME!! (ooops!! expect a lame response for that one)

NUMBER 6 The last five clients represented by I.A.A.L. all resulted in sentences of state executions for the heinous crimes of jaywalking, littering, spitting on the sidewalk, ripping the tags off pillows and operating an electric toothbrush without a permit respectively.

NUMBER 5 I.A.A.L. requests the judge for a continuance during your trial so he can meet with his parole officer, drug and alcohol counselor and psychiatrist.

NUMBER 4 Says to a client while shrugging his shoulders “Hey, guilty, innocent, it’s all the same!! That’ll be $10,000 please.”

NUMBER 3 Only passed the bar because it was closed that day.

NUMBER 2 Excerpt of transcript from actual trial:

I.A.A.L.: And in closing ladies and gentlemen of the jury, yes the defendant claims “Gee, it was only a nail file.” Yes, the defendant is only ten years old, but we as a society have to protect ourselves from those who brandish weapons. (holds out hands) These are the hands of society ladies and gents and we will not allow them to be filed down by scum such as THAT!! (points to defendant) THE DEFENDANT IS SCUM!!! SCUM I TELLS YA!! And society demands that you enter a verdict of guilty and sentence the defendant to DIE!! DIE, I TELLS YA!! BECAUSE THE DEFENDANT IS SCUM!! (pounds jury box) SCUM I SAY!!! (falls on floor, pounds floor) THE DEFENDANT IS SCUM AND NEEDS TO DIE!!! SCUM I SAY!! SCUM!!! (sighs, then curls up in a fetal position and sucks thumb)

Judge: That may well be counselor, but she is also your client!

AND NOW THE NUMBER ONE REASON WHY YOU SHOULDN’T HIRE I.A.A.L. AS YOUR LAWYER (DRUM ROLL PLEASE. READY? HERE IT IS.)

In an initial consultation in his office I.A.A.L. says “No, the ad is a misprint. It should read ‘Works on contingency(?) No(,) money down!’” Then he rips off where the ad reads “Sponsored by the American Bar Association” and eats it.

==========================================

My response:

That was funny. Thanks!

IAAL

Y

YYNHIMR

I'm glad you liked it. I'm equally glad you are a good sport and can take a joke.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

YYNHIMR said:
I'm glad you liked it. I'm equally glad you are a good sport and can take a joke.

My response:

Of course I can!

I don't mind one bit. Yours was not only funny, but it was intelligent and obviously took time to think about. It was worth it, and I'm still chortling over it.

Thanks again.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">