• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possesion of Alchohol as a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alexsantella

im a freshmen in college in connecticut and i was walking off campus completely sober with a group of kids to my buddies apartment. i was carrying a backpack with some beer in it, 2 girls in the group had open containers of a drink called "4Loco" and were drinking it. we were halfway there on a main road, when 2 undercover Campus PD pulled up in a ford explorer. They called me over and told everybody else to keep walking. (I am not sure if they saw the girls drinking 4Loco) They wanted to see what was in my bag and i told them that it was my personal belongings and that they had no right to see what was in my bag. They said they knew there was alcohol in the bag and they insisted i let them search it. I argued with them for about 15 minutes, and the officer said "just give me the bag or else im gonna have to get out of the car and things will get difficult." at that point i kind of froze up, and without saying anything i handed him the bag. He opened it and found the alcohol. I got a 136 dollar ticket for possession of alcohol the number on the ticket is 30-89. As if it wasnt bad enough if i choose to plead guilty and pay the ticket i get my license suspended for 3 months, and my insurance rates will rise. I dont understand this because my car had no involvement. Should i try fighting it with or without an attorney or should i just give up and pay the ticket? Please help

xylene

If you have the money to get a lawyer, then go for it.

The worst that can happen is what is on that ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">