• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possession of alcohol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cheddart11

Hi my name is Tim i am 18, (19 in april) I live in Virginia and last week i was at a party and i got hit with a possession of alcohol charge. OKAY! this is what happend I was drinking and had about 4 beers and I was having a good time. The party was out in the middle of no were and on a privet road in a guess house. We heard the cops were coming but there was a cop sitting at the end of the road so she could get DUI's becuase she asked to move everyones cars. So! Later in the night there was a destress call for someone who thought he was dying from drinking to much. The person was outside and two cops show up, and most of the people were inside the house and i was in the other room watching tv NO ALCOHOL AROUND ME or in the room i think.... but it was a keg party and the kegs were in the other room. So the owner comes in and ask everyone and needed to get there ID's out then the cop walks in I dont know how she didnt smell the weed in the room and see the bongs also I didnt smoke, I dont know if the owner gave the cop cunsent to come into the house, but lets say he didnt. What would happen? So i go outside and get my ID out of my car and then we all line up about 15 of us. They tell us how much we drank and gave us permission to search us. After they searched us they gave us a breath test. They DID NOT GIVE US A CHOICE so they made us blow. So i got up to the women cop and she said, how much have you drank....a few "Remember I had four beers and wasnt feeling anything and i stopped drinking two hours prier".

Then she ask may I search you? I replied yes. Nothing was on me. So she told me I will be taking a breth test. So I blow and blew a .03 after all of that i got a ticket with posses of underage drinking. My question is did the cop screw up? can they do anything if there is a destress call even tho everyone drinking is inside with the door shut? Did I have to take a breth test?

PS: we were in alittle guess home that the owner owned at the main house people were hidding inside and did go in there. HOW SO?

my court date is on may 4th 2010 so I need to make a dission this week

Isis1

Hi my name is Tim i am 18, (19 in april)
okay. 18. just to clarify, you know that is still under 21, right? okay good.

I live in Virginia and last week i was at a party and i got hit with a possession of alcohol charge.
well, that's not good.

OKAY! this is what happend I was drinking and had about 4 beers and I was having a good time.
did i cover the whole 21 issue yet? 18 being UNDER 21?

The party was out in the middle of no were and on a privet road in a guess house.
it's "no where" and "private" and "guest".

We heard the cops were coming but there was a cop sitting at the end of the road so she could get DUI's becuase she asked to move everyones cars.
huh. private road, and she requested everyone to move. move where? off the private road?

So! Later in the night there was a destress call for someone who thought he was dying from drinking to much.
the word is "distress". so, there was a medical situation.

The person was outside and two cops show up, and most of the people were inside the house and i was in the other room watching tv
uh huh.

NO ALCOHOL AROUND ME or in the room i think.... but it was a keg party and the kegs were in the other room.
uh huh. you think? can't remember? too drunk to remember?

So the owner comes in and ask everyone and needed to get there ID's out then the cop walks in I dont know how she didnt smell the weed in the room and see the bongs also I didnt smoke, I dont know if the owner gave the cop cunsent to come into the house, but lets say he didnt.
if the owner of the house didn't give permission, too late. they were there due to a medical emergency. someone was dying remember?

What would happen? So i go outside and get my ID out of my car and then we all line up about 15 of us.
you call 15 a party????:eek:

They tell us how much we drank and gave us permission to search us.
what?? they told you how much you drank?? and they gave you permission to search yourselves?? wow!!!

After they searched us they gave us a breath test. They DID NOT GIVE US A CHOICE so they made us blow.
you could have said no. and ended up in jail. it was a choice.

So i got up to the women cop and she said, how much have you drank....a few "Remember I had four beers and wasnt feeling anything and i stopped drinking two hours prier".
so you admitted to drinking. oh wait, you said they told you how much you drank. :confused:

Then she ask may I search you? I replied yes.
gave her permission.

Nothing was on me. So she told me I will be taking a breth test. So I blow and blew a .03
you cooperated.

after all of that i got a ticket with posses of underage drinking.
sounds about right.

My question is did the cop screw up? can they do anything if there is a destress call even tho everyone drinking is inside with the door shut?
they can absolutely do something because there was a stress call. that was their opening.

Did I have to take a breth test?
nope. you didn't have to. but you would have been in worse mess if you hadn't.

PS: we were in alittle guess home that the owner owned at the main house people were hidding inside and did go in there. HOW SO?
sounds like the owner ratted you out.

my court date is on may 4th 2010 so I need to make a dission this week
you might want to consider hiring an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">