• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possession of alcohol by consumption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

toomuchbooz

What is the name of your state?
Virginia

I was arrested for possession of alcohol by consumption. The magistrate set a $500 bond because of pending charges and I spent approximately 30 hours in jail. I already spoke with a counseling center and will be attending a couple of those sessions. I am currently in the DEPS to join the Army in late May. My court date is tomorrow.

I was convicted of DUI in December. The judge gave me 30 days suspended jail sentence "providing I be on good behavior", along with some fines and an alcohol treatment course.

I'm a little nervous and I'm simply wondering what's going to happen in court tomorrow? I figure it's best to be prepared. Also, should I hire an attorney?

L

lastexit

yeah

Hire an attorney. I have 2 underage consumption fines under my belt, I would have been better off in court with a lawyer. Why? Because I'm not trained to argue a case with the district attorney who, most likely, is an experienced lawyer. Who knows, they may even help you get off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">