• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Assault Charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gaoneal

Washington
I was living with my fiance and one night we got into a verbal conflict, which had been going on for 3 days. When it started to escalate, I decided to get my shoes and jacket on and leave. My fiance then started rummaging through the house looking for my wallet, keys and business bifold to keep as i was holdin g a valuable ring until I was able to get my belongings. She managed to grab hold of my bifold and wnet upstairs. I went upstairs to get my jacket and I noticed my binder on the bed and she had just taken some disks from it and while there was a moment in the clear, I grabbed my binder back without having a tug of war match, but she did grab me to try to keep me from leaving, in that process I pulled myself free and left the house and never returned. She came to my work the following day uninvited and called ma many times at work throughout the day trying to keep the relationship and making a counseling appointment, but during those conversations she was very abusive and when I told her that i was not going back she hung up. I told her she could come and pick up her ring anytime, but then called her back and left a message on both home and cell phone, not to come to my work. I called the police and filed a harrassment statement. The following day she goes to court and gets a restraining oreder saying that I assaulted her by pushing her into a night stand in which the lamp on top fell and broke. She has painted me to be this big mean nasty disturbed man and I have no prior convictions of any manner like this. What are the chances of me being arrested for this?

B

BillyBG

"What are the chances of me being arrested for this?"

Depends what the police investigation determines.

G

gaoneal

Assault?

How can a person find that out? And if they determined that there was an assault, then wouldn't they have made an arrest after 10 days since it took place? and then there is no evidence that suggests an assualt other than he said she said scenario.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">