• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Crime?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wrenofire

I live in KY. I worked for a rent to own company, for almost two years. In that time I have had great success in promotions and responsibilities. Almost 3 months ago, I transferred units again to an office closer to home. At which poing we had about 6 customers that came in claimed a certain amount paid off there account. When investigated, the amounts did not match up. I would take the amount they stated, apply money to the account to get it off past due credit to get it off fees adding up on them. I would notate the account they were paid off and would return it or extend it till I figured something out. They never paid another payment to us on it, since they felt it was paid off. Anytime there was any amounts left over, I would apply to remainder of their account or past dues and then make all money was deposited in company bank account. I would attach receipts in book verify that. If there was ever a shortage, I would pay out of my pocket to balance our books. I felt if I made a mistake it was my responsibilty to pay it. I have the bank statements to prove that I made payments. During an extended time where I was out of the unit, I came back to fix some of there accounts for the store and made the mistake of typing up a paid off tv in another customer name. Before I caught it the office has and we came to this issue. Where they are threatening me with prosecution. I offered if anything I did that cost the company any undue funds, I would pay for it. Since my store my responsibility.
They then had me come to meet them next day and made me sign a non-compete clause. They stated if they found I went to work for the competition they would prosecute me. Stating they had a year to file charges on me.
I have tried to communicate with them and they have not responded back.
What should I do to protect myself?

Antigone*

I live in KY. I worked for a rent to own company, for almost two years. In that time I have had great success in promotions and responsibilities. Almost 3 months ago, I transferred units again to an office closer to home. At which poing we had about 6 customers that came in claimed a certain amount paid off there account. When investigated, the amounts did not match up. I would take the amount they stated, apply money to the account to get it off past due credit to get it off fees adding up on them. I would notate the account they were paid off and would return it or extend it till I figured something out. They never paid another payment to us on it, since they felt it was paid off. Anytime there was any amounts left over, I would apply to remainder of their account or past dues and then make all money was deposited in company bank account. I would attach receipts in book verify that. If there was ever a shortage, I would pay out of my pocket to balance our books. I felt if I made a mistake it was my responsibilty to pay it. I have the bank statements to prove that I made payments. During an extended time where I was out of the unit, I came back to fix some of there accounts for the store and made the mistake of typing up a paid off tv in another customer name. Before I caught it the office has and we came to this issue. Where they are threatening me with prosecution. I offered if anything I did that cost the company any undue funds, I would pay for it. Since my store my responsibility.
They then had me come to meet them next day and made me sign a non-compete clause. They stated if they found I went to work for the competition they would prosecute me. Stating they had a year to file charges on me.
I have tried to communicate with them and they have not responded back.
What should I do to protect myself?
Brush up your resume and don't go work for a competitor

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">