• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Fraud against Elderly?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FreeMe31

What is the name of your state?Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I live in Florida and have a question regarding my mom.

The short version is that my sister and I have found out that my mom has given over $15,000 to a 'friend' over the last couple of years. We believe this 'friend' is taking advantage of our mom who is 75 years old and very ill. I can't share all the details, however, we know for a fact that she has lied to my mom about why she has 'needed' the money that my mom has given her. One example is that this past December '04, this 'friend' said the owner of her duplex had decided to sell and that she had to move. So she gave my mom a song-and-dance sob story and my mom gave her nearly $4,000 between Dec-Jan. 05 to help her move. I found out that she was actually evicted and there is a civil case pending against her regarding complaints the renter had against her!! Isn't that fraud? Taking money from someone and lying about why they need it? I haven't said anything to my mom yet...Don't know what legal action we can take against her, if any? My sister and I have done some other *things* to investigate her and we believe she's a con artist and taking advantage of my very ill mom.

Any advice?

Thanks,
FreeMe31

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">