• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Harrassment Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

buffs94

California

Hi,
I'm involved in a potential harrassment case against me involving an ex girlfriend. Honestly, the demise of the relationship was entirely her doing. She even attempted to reconcile after she cheated on me and got herpes. She did not pass it to me because we never got physical again. Anyway, she was very imature and she provoked me by parading her new boyfriend around me in a very cold manner. I snapped and made a demeaining and inappropriate comment to the two of them as they were walking. I also have a friend who wrote a letter to the ex expressing sympathy for her as well as talking about how much I cared for her. It was nonthreatening. Well, the fallout was that the ex thinks that it was I who wrote the letter and in addition to that, she moved out of the RV park where we were neighbors citing that she does not feel save or comfortable living there. I never once exhibited any sign of violence, stalking or threat to her. My fear is that out of revenge, she will issue a restraining order or press charges. I do not intend to have any contact with her from this point on. If I do that, does she have much of a case since this was a one time incident?

Thank you so much.

CdwJava

You can worry all you want. Until charges are sought or a restraining order is obtained, try not to stress ... and, just leave her be. Don't have friends write to her, don't contact her yourself or through a third party, just move on.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">