• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possible prescription forgery?? HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pinapple807

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

So over 2 months ago I was going to school at Oneonta state and my school physician was prescribing me Ambien for my sleep problems for a few months. At the end of the year she gave me my last rx and i think i had waited a few days before i went to fill it. Sometime in between getting the rx from her and dropping it off at the Walmart pharmacy in my school's town, someone changed the quantity on the rx from 30 to 80 and I have no idea who changed it and I didnt notice it had been changed. I dropped it off and went about my usual business for the day. A few hours later I went to pick it up and the pharmacist told me there was a problem with the insurance and they needed to fix it so it would be a few minutes so to come back in 5 minutes so I left and came back only to be approached by a police officer. I was then searched and handcuffed in the middle of Walmart and was told I was under arrest for rx fraud. After discussing the situation with the investigator at the state police station that night I guess they decided they believed I was not guilty and told me I was not in any kind of trouble and let me leave. I was never fingerprinted or photographed or anything. I havent heard anything about this since.

2 weeks ago, my home town state police contacted me and asked me to come down to the station to discuss something but would not tell me anything about what it was regarding. However I was out of town and then the Investigator I have to talk to was out of town so I still havent been able to talk to them. I am now supposed to go there tomorrow morning. I am assuming this is what it is regarding because i have no idea what else it could be about.

My question is what kind of charges could I face here, I know I didnt do anything wrong, but there is no way for me to really prove that I didnt do anything though. And also, the Investigator from my home police department was extremely rude to me so I am assuming he thinks I am guilty of something, otherwise he would have no reason to be so rude to me. Could I be in some kind of trouble here even though the police at my school told me I had nothing to worry about? Thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">