• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Posting bail? Possibly arrested?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kineshi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

I had 2 tickets for for improper license plate and 1 ticket for obstruction of windshield. I was going to fight in court and called them to make a court appearance. But I didn't go. Now they are telling me that I have to go to court and pay $100 bail. Does this mean I am arrested? Also, if I pay the bail will I get the money back? Do I have to go to a bondsman?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

I had 2 tickets for for improper license plate and 1 ticket for obstruction of windshield. I was going to fight in court and called them to make a court appearance. But I didn't go. Now they are telling me that I have to go to court and pay $100 bail. Does this mean I am arrested? Also, if I pay the bail will I get the money back? Do I have to go to a bondsman?
This is the third thread you have regarding this issue. Just pay your fines and fees. :rolleyes:

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I'm replying here since I didn't see any other threads.

The bail is likely cash bail required by the court to ensure your appearance. If you don't post bail your license will be suspended.

quincy

I'm replying here since I didn't see any other threads.

The bail is likely cash bail required by the court to ensure your appearance. If you don't post bail your license will be suspended.
Kineshi has spread his threads around the forum. To locate a poster's posting history, you can click on their name.

Here are links to Kineshi's other threads:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/auto-accidents-vehicle-claims-1/fighting-ticket-i-got-having-air-freshner-hanging-my-rear-view-mirror-611842.html

https://forum.freeadvice.com/speeding-other-moving-violations-13/improper-display-unclear-plates-air-freshner-ticket-611937.html

Bail money is not always returned in full. Some of the money can be used to cover court costs and fees.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Thanks quincy - I just didn't see any other threads about the bail issue, unless I didn't delve deeply enough.

quincy

Thanks quincy - I just didn't see any other threads about the bail issue, unless I didn't delve deeply enough.
I am not sure that Kineshi did address bail in his other threads - but the questions asked by Kineshi in this thread are related to the same ticketed offense he has posted about in his other threads.

It is helpful to have everything in one place so we do not have to search to see if there is any relevant history behind the questions that might affect the answers provided. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">