• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Posting video

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Swsteed81

What is the name of your state or, if not in the US, what is the name of your country?

Answer if you are in the US is, "No. It is not illegal."

But why would you want to post a video of your husband on Facebook after he had taken ambien? Do you not like your husband very much?
Louisiana. He was being funny and I videoed and posted but now he's saying it was illegal, but only bc his cousin,which is on my page, (not anymore) took offense to it because I was laughing at him..

CdwJava

Unless LA has some specific statute prohibiting it, it is not illegal to show people behaving like idiots. Youtube is filled with these things -heck, they make entire TV shows about people being caught on video behaving like buffoons!

But, I don't see how anyone would find it pleasing tobe caught on video higher than a kite ... if my wife did that while I was on meds, I'd be royally pissed! If your hubby was angry, he has a right to be. If he thought it was cool, well, that's his opinion.

quincy

Louisiana. He was being funny and I videoed and posted but now he's saying it was illegal, but only bc his cousin,which is on my page, (not anymore) took offense to it because I was laughing at him..
Thank you for providing your state name, Swsteed81.

As you probably noticed, I deleted my earlier post. That is because I said it was not illegal to post a videotape of your husband on Facebook but that is not exactly correct. It can be.

There are certain facts that must be considered to tell if the publication of the videotape is legal or not.

Publication of a surreptitiously-taken video of your husband, taken in an area where he had an expectation of privacy (like the bedroom or bathroom), would not be legal. If your husband was in the backseat of a car after taking Ambien and knew he was being videotaped, on the other hand, the tape would be legal - but it would still not be nice to publish it without his consent.

There are a lot of videos that I see published online and shown on TV that make me cringe. I can understand your husband not being too pleased being taped when he was acting less than his best (even if he was amusing to watch).

Last edited:

justalayman

and never forget the phrase;

Paybacks are a "B...h"

Don't be surprised to find an embarrassing video of yourself splattered across the Internet someday.

Maybe after that somebody might video your divorce proceedings thinking that's funny. If the subject doesn't mind, there's no problem but geesh, a little respect for your own spouse's feelings is kind of necessary in a marriage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">