• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Potentially Harmful (physical)) blackmail/threats/harassment, HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needhelp1212

I dont know if this is the right place for this thread, and I am really sorry if I am mistaken. I live in Ontario, Canada.

Here goes:

A boy I was involved with for a little over a year has been constantly harassing me. Even in the relationship he was both physicall and emotionally abusive. We recently broke up, and the day later he sent a relative of mine emails and pictures of me that were questionable, he also told my father about all of the things I had done. I understand if thats my own fault, for having not told him in the first place. However, that is just a background. This is where I need legal advice:

This boy knows where I am all the time. I haven't been speaking to him, ignoring all of his text messages, phone calls - anything to get him out of my life. When I go out with friends, he knows. He texts me asking why I was at a said location, or he asks me about the things I did that night. He wasn't there during any of those instances, so it is as if he is either following me personally, or getting someone else to give him information.

About a day ago he started to send me text messages asking me why I was at a certain location with a certain group of friends. I have proof of these text messages, and within an hour he texted me over 20 times and called my cell phone and my house over 30 times. Within the text messages he blackmailed for me to stop hanging out with those people, or else he would expose those pictures to everyone I know (through messages, online forums, etc). Then, he said that if I didn't comply to his requests, he would deal with me and "the people hang out with." He has a past of being violent, and he has even been arrested for violence, so I know for a fact that he is being serious when he says that he will act on these threats.

I need help. Is there ANYTHING I can do. A restraining order won't stop him. I am honestly in fear of both my safety, and the safety of others.

Some Random Guy

By not getting the police and your family involved in stopping his stalking, you are inviting him to continue stalking and escalate his behavior. Do you want to live the rest of your life in fear of him?

I suggest that you talk to family first and let them know what is going on and make sure that you get their support. Then contact the police about the threats, violence and extortion.

eerelations

You must tell your family immediately, and then you and your family must tell the police. This sick boy isn't going to stop of his own accord, at least not until he does some serious damage. He may even kill you eventually. His current behaviour is illegal (in Canada as well as the US) and again, must be stopped. Law enforcement officials can do this for you.

eerelations

This site is for U.S.Law only.

And how does that apply in this particular situation? Or do you think Canada doesn't have cops or anti-stalking laws? That we're just a bunch of neanderthal eskimos grunting around in the snow?

And before you start making anti-Canadian "jokes" keep in mind that this thread is all about a poor scared kid being stalked by a criminal bully. Or maybe you think that poor scared Canadian kids aren't worth bothering about in these forums?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">