• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Practicing Law Without License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ProvenInnocent

CALIFORNIA

A former licensed CA attorney, now unable to practice law in CA and convicted all the way to Supreme court of several counts, is now licensed in CA as a Private Investigator with a business- this lic is clear.

He has been hired as a PI, participating in suits brought against me by the plaintiff which hired him.

Since he is no longer a member of the Ca State Bar, who would I contact to see if in fact he is practicing law without a license or where would I file a concern this may be happening?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
CALIFORNIA

A former licensed CA attorney, now unable to practice law in CA and convicted all the way to Supreme court of several counts, is now licensed in CA as a Private Investigator with a business- this lic is clear.

He has been hired as a PI, participating in suits brought against me by the plaintiff which hired him.

Since he is no longer a member of the Ca State Bar, who would I contact to see if in fact he is practicing law without a license or where would I file a concern this may be happening?
Perhaps you should hire a PI?

Silverplum

CALIFORNIA

He's hired as a PI...so who says he is practicing law without a license?

antrc170

You'd file the complaint with the CA bar association, but only if you have specific information concerning the person practicing law. Such as he represented a client on XX date in XX court. A general, "I think he might be..." isn't going to cut it. While he may be dis-barred he still has the right to work as a PI and even give legal advise as any lay person can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">