• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

prayer for judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

guitarman962

here is my dilemma: i got a pjc (prayer for judgement) in NC 4 years ago for a misdemeanor while in college. currently i live in virginia and am seeking a professional designation for career purposes. one of the questions on the application is have you ever been convicted of a crime, had a judgment withheld or deferred, or are you currently charged with commiting a crime? what should my answer be? when i got the PJC, all i did was pay court costs and leave...no conditions, and i did not have to return to court at a later date, as far as i was concerned everything was dismissed. as i understand it...a pjc does not count as a conviction b/c it was never entered, any guidance would be great.

FlyingRon

It certainly falls in the category of "a judgement withheld or deferred". You can weasel whether they want to know if you've dodged a conviction via things like PJC or whether the judgement is still "continued" and not dismissed.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">