• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pre-Trial Set...What should I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tonya72756

I have a pre trial set for this Friday. The charge against me is Fraudulent Use of Identifying Information. I never gave false info. The person who was driving the car I was in gave false info when pulled over to avoid an arrest warrant. I was asked who I was, and gave my drivers license. Anyhow, for some reason, I am being charged as well. I turned myself in on the warrant in Feb. I live out of state. The charges are in Texas. I am going to the pre trial. I just haven't been able to pay my attorney all that is owed him. I'm afraid when I go to court, I won't have anyone representing me. Will they revoke my bond since I don't have representation? What should I expect? Had I known that I was going to have an issue paying an attorney (I ended up needing a emergency hysterectomy 2 months ago), I would have elected a state appointed attorney. Any advice welcome.

I doubt your attorney can just bag out on you. In CA, they would have to file a motion. The proceedure in Texas may be different... everything else is... but just not showing up on a client isnt going to happen.

If you cannot afford one and your attorney does get permission to withdraw as attorney (or whatever texas rules are), one will be appointed for you. I've seen them reappoint the same attorney - but not likely. They dont just throw you to the wolves just because your attorney withdraws (if he does). You have a right to counsel if you cannot afford one when facing a charge with jail potential.

Maintain contact with your attorney. Hes not going to sneak attack you. This whole proceedure is up front.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">