• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Preparing for the worst

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nonamer

Hi,

I am not sure this is right place to ask this question since I am not very clear which category my question really belongs to. Anyway, I am an employee from a California's computer company. Few months ago, one of my co-worker was layoff
from my company. After he is layed off, he said he want to get back into the company again so that he can use the internet to find some resources to help him finding his next job. Being very stupid, I let him in and even let him use my login identity. Now, my company claims that the company's source codes are removed and copied to outside, and they had a joined investigation with FBI. I had told both parties that I was trick to let him have the opportunity. I was terminated from my job today. I am not sure what would happen tomorrow since the investigation has not yet finished. Will I be facing any charge given the situation? What will be your advise for what I should be preparing with the next couple days? Also, I am thinking about consulting with a lawyer, which category of the law practice should I be looking for? Thanks so much in advanced for your help and advises.

M

mountainsofcool

Lets see you allowed an ex employee from a computer comany to come in and use comapny computers to get on the internet and look for a job.

I would look for a computer crimes lawyer,

No one is going to believe you...I DON"T!!!.. thats why they are investigating.

You mean this computer guy cant afford $20 a month for his own internet connection?

So Its VERY obvious you were rightly fired from this place for being so stupid.

It doesnt look good for you...Unless you really are THAT STUPID!

Have you invested say $10,000 in some phony scam because someone called you on the phone?

Did you lost tons of money on internet stocks because your buddy said you could be a day trader?

If you can PROVE a pattern of stupidity you could get out of this.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">