• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Printing False Information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GizmoGirl

Hi, I am a college student in NC and I have a question. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

Okay, here is the thing. I work for the college newspaper (because the course is required) and I did a story about students having problems with campus departments. I took a poll of over 2000 students (our school only has around 3500 students) about who has had problems and stated that though the survey was optional, I wanted everyone to respond whether they have had problems or not.

Okay, our editor in chief did not like the fact that the quotes the departments gave me made them look as if they were lying, did not like the poll results, and did not like the way it seemed the students were against these certain departments so she used someone else's poll (that did not relate to the story whatsoever) took out important quotes, and basically misconstrewed the information I gave her WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!! However, she still put my name on the news story and added results that changed the way the story read....Is there a law against this?? If so, what is it and who would I need to talk to, or what is that law called??? Please help me out if you can.
Thanks so much....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">