• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prisoner security

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dnlg18652

What is the name of your state? Missouri

My husband is currently serving a 25 year sentance in the missouri prison system. He has been in the system for 5 years. During that time he has not had any conduct violation, he has maintained "honors status" and has followed all of the rules set before him. On January 3, 2003. the Missouri department of corrections implimented a new policy which raises the custody level for some offenders based on amount of time left to serve. For my husband this means he will be transfered from the medium security prison he has been housed at for the past 5 years to a maximum security prison. Many of the "privialages" he has enjoyed ie being allowed to use the phone at more different times, allowed to run on the track or use the weight room, will be taken away when this tranfer occurs. My husband has proven with his good behavior that additional security is not required to house him, however the new policy is being implimneted anyway. My husband has exhausted the internal prison appeals system. We would like to know if there is anything else that can be done to prevent this transfer.?

AmosMoses

You may well want to address this very question to DOC and see what, if any, avenues they suggest. There may be a way to waive the policy, or "grandfather" his status due to his being already incarcerated at the time of the law change. I'd advise you to not get your hopes up too high. Good Luck!

Last edited:
H

hmmbrdzz

I agree with Amos. Not a thing can be done. Your husband might even find that max security agrees with incarceration moreso than medium. In NC, the max units are what the inmates want. Often times, the offenders in max have more reason to be less dangerous and compliant with rules and regs. In our max unit here, there are mucho privileges -- basketball courts, weight rooms, pool tables, canteens, full access to medical, dental, psych, opthalm 24/7, individual cells, more custody per inmate -- it's just the place around here that inmates want to be. To hear of a transfer to medium is NOT good news in these parts for a max security inmate. Maybe it won't be as bad as your husband thinks.

hmmbrdzz

M

mobopp

I have a RADICAL proposal:

Take away the weight room, and the running track, and as a condition of early relese and parole, you must be 50 lbs overwieght to get it.

Why are we allowing well conditioned thugs to be released in society?

I belive the answer to recidivism is DO-NUTS!!!

OVERFEED the prisoners, yeah lets see the ACLU fight this one.

FAT & Sloppy should be the way to get early release from the full sentence.

FAT prisioners wont commit crimes because they will easily run out of breath and get CAUGHT!

H

hmmbrdzz

mobopp said:

Take away the weight room, and the running track, and as a condition of early relese and parole, you must be 50 lbs overwieght to get it.

FAT prisioners wont commit crimes because they will easily run out of breath and get CAUGHT!
===============
My response: "ain't it something?" pretty cool radical proposal, but they've just got too many rights (and know how to push every one of them). I worked in close security. Knew a female lieutanant who got her head bashed in by a inmate who carried a 5 lb weight off the yard and went into her office and almost did her in. Even that didn't take away the weight pile. People think prison means being confined to a cell. It's not -- not by any stretch of the imagination (not unless you are in disciplinary seg). These guys have much freedom; and they become rock hard, lean mean fighting machines who have been exposed to the best criminals in the world. And then they're paroled! Our place even had a great big library; had school (college courses) had graduation ceremonies -- full cap and gown; guys got their BSNs! :eek: Nuts.

hmmbrdzz

HomeGuru

mobopp said:

**A: more sound legal and health advice by moslopp, the clone of happyroach the forum troll.

H

hmmbrdzz

AHHHH! I was wondering where he went, and this is definitely the M.O. !

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">